Monday, December 10, 2012

Counter Productive Busyness

 
http://thegoodbookblog.com/2012/nov/08/the-confessions-of-a-formerly-busy-person/
In this modern world you may ask "who is not busy?"  Well, it seems everyone I met commented that he/she is busy with something, either it was work or some other things.  Sometimes when we get down to the bottom line we can be too busy for our own good.  Many people are suffering from depression and I believe one of the reasons is that people are so busy that they are stressed out - gone beyond their limits.  Others got too many things on their plate, thus they cannot deliver, hence the stress.

Being a Christian we have to be careful not to make busyness as our idol.  For example if work is keeping us from relating to God, you know you have an idol in your work.  A friend shared with me recently, she said "Do you really know the meaning of being "BUSY?"  She advised, "BUSY" means:

B - bury
U - under
S - Satan's
Y - York

If we examine our Christian life, this can happen if we are not careful.  Instead of staying focus on Jesus we got carried away by our idols.

Romans 8:6 said "to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace."

"Jesus is all the world to me, 
My life, my joy, my all,
He is my strength from day to day,
Without Him I would fall".

                              Thompson

Professor Ben Shin of Biola University shared how he was under the "york" and after he realized the extend of the problem he was facing, he made adjustments and now he can say he is a "formerly busy person."  You can read his full account at the link above.

No comments: