Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 911

Today we remember 11th September,2001 when our world was changed forever by a terrorist attack on the twin-tower in New York. The pain of many still lingers for many around the world, but especially for those families whose love ones died a horrible death on that faithful day. We are all part of it, the pain and anguish may not be apparent but nevertheless inside us because we share a common objective for a peaceful world.

Malaysia remembers the seven Malaysians who died in this horrible attack, but only three could be traced. They are:

Ang Siew Nya, Khoo Sei Lai,and Vijayashanker Paramsothy. May they rest in peace.

To read a Malaysian on-line news report click on the title of this post.

In a Malaysia national newspaper, The Star reported recently on "Where were you on 11th Sept 2001?" a number of people responded. So where were you? I remembered that faithful day, my family and I were living in Kuala Lumpur. That evening, my sister-in-law called my wife to turn on the T.V that a plane had crashed into a building. We turned on the TV and true enough we watched a plane crashing into a building and it caught fire. I told my wife it could not be real, it must be a movie. Later the news came on shortly and reported about the attack in the US. We were shocked.

To read another article about these three Malaysians go to :
http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/story.asp?file=/2011/9/11/lifefocus/9310547&sec=lifefocus

No comments: