Monday, May 30, 2011

Rick Warren: Salvation and Eternal Life


Rick Warren, author of Purpose Driven Life, and Senior Pastor of a mega church. Many theologians were uncomfortable with his Biblical doctrine and in a recent interview with Reformed Theologian John Piper he reaffirmed his belief in the Bible.

He agreed that Jesus is the only way to salvation. He said "Jesus said no one comes to the Father but by me. I (Jesus) am the way; not a good way, not the best way, not one of the ways, not a nice way. I am the way, the truth and the life."

Among other subjects, Warren also believes heaven is a real place. He said "I don't believe it (heaven) is a state of being. I believe it is a real place."

There are people saying Warren is a universalist, but he denied it. He said "I believe in a literal hell. Jesus believed in a literal hell," he stated. And once you're in, you can't get out, he affirmed".

Warren was passionate about winning souls for Jesus and he turned emotional acknowledging that millions a year will go into erternity with Christ and without hope.

To read the full story click on the title of this post.

No comments: