Saturday, March 31, 2012

John Piper Stepping Down


I came to know about the teaching of Pastor John Piper about a decade ago when I read his book"Desiring God". At that time I was a young Christian, nevertheless I was inspired by the theme in his book that is "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him". It is a profound statement, hence I have used it as the heading of my blog.

His teachings have great impact in the Christian communities worldwide. I have learned much from his website Desiring God.

Finally he will be stepping down as Senior Pastor of Bethlehem Baptist Church soon. His retirement from this job has been planned about 12 years ago and it is not a surprise to people. According to him he is getting older and God has other plans for him. Beside after he leaves this job he will still be preaching, writing and sharing the Word. For the general public we still can learn from him at his website Desiring God.

To read further click on the title of this post.

No comments: