Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Counting Our Blessings Backward


When we are faced with trials and difficulties, it is already impossible to count our blessings. But counting them backward ? I read an article about this subject and I recall that in fact, we should take a step back to count our blessings backwards. That is to say, examine all the past blessings and answered prayers that we have experienced.

For example, I recalled how much work pressures I faced several years ago to the point of depression. But God was gracious and faithful, as I followed Him in my distressed, He provided me with an early retirement package from my former employer.

I am sure you have many experiences of similar blessings, and if you begin to examine these, you will be encouraged that our God is indeed with us no matter what happens to us. In Hebrew 13:5 He said he will never leave us nor forsake us.

One good way to record your walk with our Lord is to keep a journal of your walk. Record your requests, and what God have been saying. Later when you look back you will be able to see His work in you.

"O Lord Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you." Psalm 84:12

No comments: