Thursday, August 26, 2010

In Memory of my Grandma


It has been sad for our family, because our maternal grandma passed away at age 96 yesterday in Perth Australia. She had heart failure, and because of her age, the doctors could not do anything. May God bless her and may she rest in peace.

Now we just have memories of her to continue on.

She was a tough woman. Since my grand father passed away about 40 over years ago she was the one running the sundry shop by herself at Third Mile Bazaar, in Kuching. She had to take care of her 8 children. Now all are doing well all in Perth except my mum here in Kuching.

She may not be a baptized Christian, but I knew her heart has God. Few years ago when my family and I visited her she was sick. I asked her whether she would mind if I pray for her, she agreed and I prayed for her recovery. When I shared with her the gospel she accepted it and I also felt the peace in me than. She shared her difficulties in formerly accepting the Lord with me. Now, I believe she is in heaven with our Lord.

I Tim 1:16 NIV

But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.

No comments: