Monday, August 9, 2010

Life is like Vapour

Since last Thursday I have been thinking about this subject. I was reminded when I visited a brother's father who was sick in the general hospital here in Kuching. I recalled how my own father passed away in the same hospital about ten years ago. Really life is like a vapour, we are here on this earth for a very short while, and we are gone. James 4:14 said "You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away". All the more we must do the important things like following God's commands as closely as possible, and not to waste our lives on unimportant matters. I am telling myself I must follow God's commands more each day. He told us to number our days. Back to our brother's father, he passed on Saturday evening. On Saturday morning when I visited him, he was alive but sickly. Life is such that we all must go through. Let us make full use of this short life here.

On behalf of our Life Group, our condolence to Brother Anthony and Sister Poh Chuo on the passing of his father and her father-in-law respectively. May God comfort you in time of needs. God bless.

No comments: